1. we cannot go backwards. Mario teaches that in the very first opening clips with the little self explanatory bright block.
2. we have a time limit. all of us are in a limited amount of time. we can have unlimited buffet plates, internet and phone service but time and trust are always going to be limited. use both wisely
3. sometimes hitting the duck is fun but not the bigger picture. I used to get and experience great joy by hitting the duck, bouncing the duck and timing the jump to hit and pause the duck again. sadly, it moved me not forward it just wasted time.
4. there are levels. if we never beat level 1 we never get to try our hand at level 2 or more. the more capable we become, the more gets handed to us. we must do them to beat this game of life. there are shortcuts but not all of us choose them or can find them. sometimes, they make us skip a lot of fun. some games get beat anyway and we have the rest of the afternoon. like life, sometimes we repeat things to learn something different.
5. Mario had a goal. we all should have a goal. we should have a princess to rescue or a bad guy to defeat or a challenge to overcome.
what about you? any suggestions?