as Jesus said to his disciple, put the sword away. I discuss a homeless soldier, a gay man and a rich lady. Love one another. This song was inspired by Love Does by Bob Goff and my wife having a tough time.
I had a wonderful time writing this one. its a hip hop vibe written after someone declared they were going to write me out of their will. I told them that I never once hung out because I thought I could gain something from them. That is the truth. That is not who I am or who i’m going to be. So, please enjoy this and travel with me as I bring these songs into a cohesive unit, spread my humble words to heal some healthy wounds we may or may not have acquired.
yesterday, I posted one, but have since edited it. it is titled Seth Godin because it is a song trying to get people to do their art or find the interesting and make it happen for others to enjoy. Inspirational. I gotta admit though, I am not the best of singers but no one else has shown up to sing for me in 27 years, so I am trying to make do! bwahahahaha, much love.
see if you can guess what it means! hahahaha
Lately the wife and I have been watching every single stand up comedian that Netflix offers to us. We learn a great deal about society and what is going on in the world. Of course we do not watch willy nilly. If we do not agree with someone morally, we turn them off. We can see past the cuss words and the dirty jokes.
We also use this as a litmus test for the state of America’s religious climate. Political comedians, religious comedians, food comedians are all part and parcel.
Lets start laughing again people. How important is laughter? Very, I think. We all are caught up being way too serious once in a while. A season for that too but we are gonna need some laughs to get us through (what I think is going to happen next).
Partly, makes me want to start doing a stand up routine of my own. We will see on that one. Peace.
oh, by the way, we like Josh Blue, Dan Frieman and some others if you care to investigate for yourself. Put your armor on first though Christians. Not for the faint of heart.
A lot of great thought provoking things contained here at this url. I hope you take the time and read it. I again, encourage you to make up your own mind. I am not saying we all need to get high. I am saying people should have that freedom. So, if after reading, you wanna debate? Place your comments below and we can have a respectful dialogue. Looking forward to hearing from you all!
If, you have ever been around pot smokers for awhile you begin to notice certain things, they generally, have in common. The rest of us could learn from these things.
1. They share. They light a bowl, pass it around and enjoy a high together. When was the last time you enjoyed a religious high with someone? It’s been awhile for me as well. Most of us are afraid to eat after another human has touched it. Pot smokers are not. They put their lips right up to the bong and puff that sucker! They share fire and nature. Man has been doing that for longer than we have tried to stop people from it.
2. They are peaceful. Most anyway. Some are just dicks no matter what they do. But, on the whole, they have a bigger percentage of people who practice nonviolence than most Christians I know. To clarify, they will stand up for themselves with guns or whatever if threatened but mostly, they want to be left alone. Whereas, some certain overzealous Christians started the Crusades over their beliefs. I’m just stating that we are not practicing God’s love for all His children if we are antagonistic one to another. Not this, let me smack you with the Bible till you feel so threatened you have no choice but to join. That is not what it is all about. If a pot head asks you to smoke and you decline, it is all good. (generally). If they don’t trust you they will not smoke around you.
3. They are hungry. They seek what they want. To some, it is considered laziness. Others consider their entire lives spent searching for their next high is downright disgraceful. I, on the other hand, think more Christians ought to be going around searching for the Lord in the same manner. Not this, oh gee well I hope maybe God comes through for me. To go out and stand firm on the promises of God.
4. They are creative! They need a way to mix fire and air and a naturally growing plant and have no access. The common man would say eff it and give up. These people tend to find a way. How many of us want God’s help in some way? We sit around we pray and then it doesn’t happen? Potheads make it happen. We could use more people like that. They start mixing duct tape and gas masks and whatever else is at their disposal to make their goal a reality. I love that about them! Christians? Not so much. (generally). We get stuck on something and we see a few items over here and there but we don’t actively engage our brains to come up with the solution hiding right below the surface.
5. They are able to deal with anxiety and morality better than most. Ok, hang with me here. To uphold the law is good but sometimes, laws must needs to be broken. These guys are willing to break the law to live to the fullest life possible. Moses’ parents broke the law in the Bible. Yeah, how many of us would have shipped that little baby up the river in a barrel? Paul, broke the law. Read any of his scriptures and there he was, resting in a jail cell somewhere for doing what he thought right!!! Christians? Not many. Jesus was famous for breaking the law!! Healing on the Sabbath, forgiving sinners, eating and working on the Sabbath… I encourage you to read even a little closer to us in history. The underground railroad. Those people risked death for freedom. Which one was doing right? No brainer for you as well? good! What about Rosa Parks sitting on that bus? She knew she was in the wrong but doing right!!!! What about all the people who have sat down peacefully at segregated restaraunts? Yeah, they did the right thing even though it was considered wrong.
6. They are great to be around. Not when they are sober but most pot smokers go off in their own little world sober. They come together in groups to get stoned. We should practice that! To go get filled by the Holy Ghost as a group and then go do our own duties throughout the week!
7. Artistic. God is an artist. He is not a consumer as most people are referred to nowadays. I too, am a producer, not a consumer. I create things. Maybe things only cool to me, but I love that feeling of creation! More Christians could learn to do this and we would have a changed world.
So, tomorrow, I may continue this legalizing pot thing. I hope to not have offended any of you, but if I have, I leave the comments open for respectful public discourse. If, you want to get nasty about it? I will not keep your thought up here. I’m not advocating that people smoke pot. I just want it legal so people can if they want. Peace!
Some speak of losing their religion. Others speak of losing their faith. Some lose hope, some lose their mind. Yet, some even lose everything.
Recently I have felt like I have been losing my way. I have been battling hard against certain issues which feel right but the “church” disagrees with. The bible is specific here but it still lands in a grey area.
Knowing me, I dig deep into those grey areas. So, bear with me as we can work this out. I say we, cause, well, I may need help. If I wander too far off the path, I pray that God can use people in my life to bring me back.
So, let me lay this out on the line for everyone. I have recently started to believe in the legalization of weed. I no longer smoke the stuff, except on a very special occasion, but I firmly am believing in people’s right to do so. Seriously, we can have gay marriage legalized in America but cannot use a plant for its benefits? Come on!
In America, we can choose to drink or not drink or to pop pills or not. Well, why can’t we partake of something God put here that is natural? Man makes pills. Man makes beer. I’m not opposed to them for their purpose but how many of us (recoverers) pray before we ingest a pill the doc prescribes? How many pray before we drink a beer? Before smoking a cigarette? Not very many.
So, here is a downfall with trusting in man’s pills. Have you ever seen the side effects that may be caused by taking these things? Wow. The side effects are worse than the root problem! I may be off the mark here but I don’t think God gave us a self healing system to depend on man making pills.
I have heard of people who have been cured from cancer by changing their diet and getting back in touch with their spiritual part of their being. I have seen miracles happen. Healing, has happened where man said, death was inevitable.
So, people are not free is what i’m driving at. You can pop pills because they are prescribed from some doctor who is getting paid to endorse these things… not all mind you. You can drink beer, go drive and kill people. You can pop pills and kill people and blame your meds. I see people with t shirts all the time that say, if it wasn’t for my meds, I would be in prison. That is not being fully alive in Christ.
Let me ask about the kids the doctors have prescribed Ritalin or lithium to? How is their life? Yes, some need it. But, most often, it is our go to number one answer instead of the last resort it should be.
I used to pass medications for a great group of disabled and mentally challenged individuals. All those pills didn’t stop the seizures from happening. Sometimes, I personally think that they made them worse. I would have liked to have seen their whole medical record to ascertain whether or not, they had started with pills from the get go or not. Probably they didn’t even try an alternative. That is the problem. We should trust doctors but on the hierarchy of trust, it should be after consulting God.
So, let me leave you with this thought. Since all the propaganda has been driven down peoples throats about the dangers of God’s natural wonder of a plant, how do we get back to God? Yes, I know. There is no money in that. These pills and this beer is taxable and makes industry thrive. Problem is? Wrong things thriving….. Tomorrow, my post is on what potheads know that most people (even good solid, upstanding citizen Christ followers) don’t. Peace and love.
Check the oil and grease the inserts!!! Greatest wisdom I could help you with.
In your work, check your oil.
In your art, check your oil, grease the bearings…
In other words, don’t just drive the vehicle without taking the hood up once in a while. Find some room for improvement and start fixing it.
If we don’t check the oil in our lives or in our cars, we can face break downs and delays.
I don’t know about you but for me, every break down I’ve ever had has been at the worst possible moment. Snowstorm, Freezing rain, cold, nasty. It is bad.
My suggestion is to take courses, go educate yourself, try something new, find a mentor or a coach, attend a conference of people in your profession, go hang around with people succeeding where you would like to. Peace.
More wrenching wisdom today.
If something does not go easily, don’t push it.
I had trouble with a hood latch on a semi the other day. I closed the one side and the latch was tight, so I have learned not to push it. I checked out the other side and sure enough, the other latch had gotten caught under the hood. It was a good thing, I noticed this normally smooth operating thing being extremely difficult. There is a reason for that. Had I pushed it shut, it might have cause some severe difficulty opening it next time.
The other day, child number 3 decided to open the door. Child baby number 4, at ten months old, was in front of said door. Before we could get there, number three had forced the door open resulting in a little ouch. We call number 3, Dozer, for said reasons such as this. So, after the medic (mom) had showed up and made it better, we had a sit down with mr Dozer. he’s 2, so I doubt it had much impact. But, there is always a chance.
I have seen this push/don’t push philosophy in previous relationships with people. Some people see that its tough and push. I’m not saying anything about persevering towards your goals. I’m stating, in an argument with a spouse, or friend or what have you. Some people push. The one person walks away, the other person continues to argue while following the other. This is bad. When one walks away, the argument or disagreement is over. Go, cool off and maybe later in a calmer state, you could hash it out. if not, at least it didn’t escalate. And, bonus, you may have forgotten what you were arguing about… extra points!!!
Peace. much love.